It has literally been poring down rain all day without a pause so there are some termednous puddles outside. Well in the car ride home from school here is the conversation that took place between Ayden and I.
Ayden: Mama I want to go stomp in puddles when we get home.
Me:It's raining really hard right now sweetie, so I don't think we can do it today.
Ayden:Mama do you have a hood on your coat?
Me: Yes I do. (rolling my eyes in defeat)
Ayden: Then you can put your hood on and we can go puddle stompin.
With that the argument was settled and when we got home and got the proper gear on the puddle stompin comenced. We played in two puddles one out to the side of our house and near the road and the other one was directly across the road along the road (I was on constant look out for on coming cars). Both of the boys got really into jumping, falling, running and splashing in the puddles. Ayden perfected his home run slide in each puddle several times and was completly soaked with his face smeared in mud by the end of our foray in the rain. Alex was more conservative about his spashing and only fell when he was pushed by his older brother, yet didnt seem to mind getting wet and just got up laughed and kept about his business spashing and stomping in the water. We all shared more laughter in twenty minutes than i had heard all day. my boys are good for my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment