Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ayden VS. The pumpkin patch




SO I was really excited to take Ayden to the Pumpkin Patch for the first time. I even went to the store and bought him a pair of Bob the Builder boots so that he could stand while at the Pumpkin Patch. They are so cute they have little wrenches for the velcore straps and believe it or not they are size 4 in infant shoes which is two sizes away from moving into big kid shoes. I have a BIG kid. Any ways back to the story. The first thing we did was go into the petting zoo to see the farm animals. We weren't even in there for a minute when the geese started squawking hence scaring Ayden and making him scream. It was all down hill from there. After calming Ayden down I took him over to the donkey enclosure and stood him up against the fence, he was doing an excellent job of holding onto the fence and holding himself up until the donkey came over and started to nibble at his tightly clenched fingers, he cried and I wrenched him away from the fence. Next we went down this big home made slide made out of Huge plastic piping that was ribbed. He didn't seem to mind that but I don't think he smiled the whole day. I honestly think it was to much for him to take in, in one day. We then went on the tractor ride to go find our perfect pumpkin. He didn't seem to mind the ride out there and he was fine when he helped me find our perfect pumpkin, but on the way back I guess it was just too bumpy for him because he cried the whole way back and all through our sack lunch and continued on until we go into the car where I found a clean binky and he promptly fell asleep. Maybe next year!!!!

No comments: