Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Aydens Words

Some of you might know that Ayden has been a late bloomer when it comes to his speech. He is now 21 months old and according to a doctors observations he is a few months behind in his language compared to other children his age. So I have been jumping through all of the hoops the past few months to get him into Speech Therapy which will start at the end of this month. Yet on the other hand over the past month or so Ayden has seemed to make leaps and bounds with his language. He is now mocking just about every word that he hears whether or not they are clear or not is a whole other story but it is the effort and not the actual words that I'm proud of. Hey at least he is trying. The latest count is 33 with his latest new words (blankie and Teeth). It was really neat this morning I had a plumber over this morning fixing our sink and bath tub and he was talking into his Walkie Talkie and said the number 8 in his conversation and almost immediately after he had said it Ayden who was standing near by watching said as clear as day "Eight" and the plumber turned to me and said did you hear that he just said "Eight" I smiled and replied yes. It was cool because the surprise on the plumbers face was priceless.

No comments: