Friday, April 27, 2007
The Many Adventures of Grandmas house!
The Kids and I are now all together here at my mother's house. Jason was unable to come with us because of the Army but is here in spirit and was so cute seeing us off. Double checking that we were all safe and that I had all of my identification and cash on hand, before he would let us depart. I really love him. Ayden as I have said in the past completely adores his grandmothers house. Today alone he has spent hours in her back yard not once emerging from his travels to the dirt pit and the many adventures in the trees and the wood pile near the corner of grandmas territory. When he did emerge from the back yard only with the lure of food of course he was covered in dirt and looked like the happiest boy alive. Now Alexander's adventures here are much different he does not know my parents as well as Ayden does so they are still strangers in a way he will let them hold him as long as I am not far away as is with everyone else he doesn't know that well. And it's really fun to watch him adsorb all of the other interesting creatures that lurk here. Like Midnight a big black Labrador Retriever that was once ours and now resides here at la casa Burns. I was sitting on the couch with Alexander on my lap facing away from me and I saw Midnight walking towards us not thinking anything of it then all of a sudden I hear a small shriek come from my lap because of this giant thing approaching and when Midnight got to us Alexander let out this piercing scream as if to say to say to me "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH mommy make it go away." It was really quite funny. I took Alexanders hand and gently placed it on the dogs fur and speaking very gently told him everything was alright and that he would be fine. He calmed down and met a new friend. Our adventures continue tomorrow because we will be attending a birthday party at the children's museum I cant wait to relay that adventure of my with two children by myself surrounded by other small children and bewildered parents. I'm excited can you all tell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment