Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's Wednesday and...

I'm ready for this week to be over already. It has been a very emotional last couple of days. I started out on Monday in good spirits because Jason is going up for the E-6 promotion board (tomorrow actually) and then when I returned from school to pick Ayden up from his child care provider that I thought was fit told me I had until Friday to find Ayden a new place to go. Ayden has speech delays which render him incapable of effectively communicating with other children and adults so instead he gets frustrated and uses his hands to tell you what he wants and that is not always received very well. So this childcare provider that I thought was willing to work with Ayden gave up on him in less than a month. I know it is because she was poorly trained by FCC and did not have the understanding to deal with Ayden but it still does not help my frustration and anger that this is the third FCC home that my son has been kicked out of in the past three months. No all FCC homes are bad I still have Alex in a wonderful home yet they are not good for children with delays of any kind because the providers are not properly trained, educated or supported to help children like Ayden. I just had to learn that the hard way. Fortunately as of today I am able to get Ayden in to the Milgard Child Care Center on my college campus, where all the teachers are trained professionals with degree's in Early Childhood Education and they have unlimited resources to help them when they may have issues with a child. I was assured that they would not give up on Ayden and they would do everything in their power to help him improve. On my end I have an appointment for Ayden tomorrow morning to get Ayden an IEP(Individualized Educational Plan) with Clover park School District so that other comunity resources will be at our advantage to help work on Ayden's delays. I also have referrals through our insurance pending for speech therapy and oral motor therapy. So hopefully things work out and the tossing of my child will cease. Oh he wont start there until the end of March. One of my good friends here is keeping him for me for the next two weeks so i can atleast finish my quarter at school. Then we have spring break!

No comments: