Sunday, March 09, 2008

Famliy Outings!






So this weekend was allot of fun for the three of us. On Friday night I did a first for myself and the boys we went to an actual restaurant to have dinner and I was completely surprised in how well both of the boys did during dinner and in the large crowd that was Red Robbin that night. They listened as well as toddlers are capable of and were well mannered at the table. So the first two pictures where from our dinner Friday night and Ayden was being shy which is a new thing for him and Alex was cheesing it up. I am going to admit to a bit of the credit to their good behavior that night because a little trick I have learned with these two is take them somewhere they want to g then take them where I wasn't to go. So I took them to the park for a half an hour right before dinner. Saturday was fairly busy us. We started off at the library which Ayden requests that we visit at least twice a week. And then we went grocery shopping. And the picture is to show you all how we manage the seating arrangement. Now Ayden has learned as a psychologist would call classical conditioning that if he sits still in the cart and does not smash or squish the food around him then he will get a cookie at the end of dairy isle where the bakery is. Which is what they are eating in the picture. He has gotten really good at staying still with reminders from me of course about his reward but compared to when I had to start shopping with them like this he is a little angle now. Now after that we got lunch and went home for our nap. All three of us are cranky if we miss our naps :) After nap we went to the park in which Ayden and Alex had a collective blast. I love the parks on post because there are so many to choose from and all in a realitive distance from each other and from our home. There are so many I have not even discovered them all. Now Sunday was pretty laid back and we(I) were mainly focused on cleaning the house. That night though we went to church for our weekly night service and we brought my friend Amanda and her daughter Maddy. Now after Church we all ate dinner and right before they left Alex said he very first "Bye, Bye" to Amanda and Maddy. It was so cute and he hasn't done it since in typical Alexander fashion. So that was our simple yet very enjoyable weekend.

No comments: