Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Letter from Jason

Hello to everyone,

So, I've been here for a few months and I was thinking about how much time I have spent in total here in this country. By the end of this tour I will have spent 36 months here and for the mathmaticly challenged thats 3 years. I look around and there is change but the it seems that its the same SHIT just a differnt way of serving it. I'm not trying to be negative but I guess after so much time here I figured there would be atleast something worth comming here for, maby like a water park or somthin, But this is a war zone and danger lerks everywhere. But I figure it would be more entertaining going down a long water slide with explosions then just hitting a large pool of water at the end of the slide. I have a positive outlook on what we are doing and I thank the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect the freedoms of our country and to spreed those freedoms to those who are less fortunate. I fully belive that the sacrifice of my time and life help ensure that my children have a place to grow up in that may be better then the past. I feel that the burden of todays politics and this war along with other events that are happening are my responcibility as an AMERICAN to take it upon myself to pay the price for, Because I have pride and I will do what I must to ensure a future for my family and my children. I know that war and change takes time and politics have a reason for there doing but I also know that as an American you and I have a voice to say what we think. That is why I am saying what I feel needs to be said. Just know that from the first time I came here all the way up to this 4th tour I'm on now it has improved and the people are understanding that some change is necessary. I won't give up because I raised my right hand and said that I will uphold the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. So even though there are no water slides now doesn't mean that there wont be any later, Maby on my 10th tour. Other then my random gibberish I am doing well and I cant wait to have a toilet that has flushing water and not a porta John with blue water splash, I cant wait to order a number 1 at Taco Bell and they give me a number 4 insted, to be able to walk 15 feet in any direction and have all the nesesities at arms reach, fridge, toilet, bed, couch, T.V., car, and last but not least my family who I can hug and kiss and play with everyday and share my love for them anyway I can.....

Jason

No comments: