Thursday, December 18, 2008
Baking with the boys!
I love to bake and my sons love to help me so its a perfect match. We have been working on our stock batches of Banana bread all week but I think the most memorable moment was a our very first batch on Monday. To promote sharing I have the boys rotate on who adds the ingredients. Well we had almost all of the main ingredients added when it was Ayden's turn to add the sugar. I gave him the measuring cup and he faltered just enough to get the sugar half in the bowl and half on the stove and to successfully knock the bowl over and spill half of its ingredients on the stove. At this point I was calming both Ayden and myself down because Ayden got all worried and just kept repeating "It was an accident" when I replied "I know baby lets get it cleaned up". In the process of salavaging what I could of the spilt ingrediants and subsituting new ingrediants in hope to salavage the whole bathc I took in a deep sigh to releve some stress, when Ayden looked at me with a serious face on and said "Mommy are you Frusterated." That was just what I needed because it made me smile and all my inner frustration washed away and we finished the batch, which turned out quite well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment