In the past two weeks Jason has befriended a small family of raccoons, a mother and her two cubs. The mother has become completely fearless with Jason because she will walk straight up to him and gently take his food offering right from his hands and calmly eat it there. The babies are a bit more weary because they either snatch the food from him and run or he has to toss the food at them. I'm concerned that by him feeding them this will become a habit and they will soon expect it and start to beg at the window at night. But he is such a kid at heart he cant resist but to feed the mother and her cute babies.
(Note they were weary of me so they kept their distance from both Jason and I as long as I was snapping pictures but it did not stop them from eating)
No comments:
Post a Comment