Today is the day that I obtained information about my biological father. I was a hard moment for me because I felt that I was encumbered by that fact of having a biological father. I was raised by my mother Theresa and my step father Steve. Although I never considered him to be my step father. But today was the reality check that made me feel different then I have felt in the past especially about this topic. I always knew that I had a biological father out there and I knew some details but I never considered that I would meet nor would I have had a chance to talk to him, But I did. I do not know how this road will take me but I am willing to travel it because everyone in my book deserves a second chance. I have been in contact with my half brother John and his mother Wanda which has ultimately lead to this point. And for that I am thankful.
I spoke to David for about 20 minutes or so and the conversation went well. I think I maintained myself well and ensured that I was not out to question the past, because what is done is done. I started a new and from this point I will continue to build upon our initial conversation. I still have a lot to follow up on and some more interaction will be in the making to find out where some of my quirks come from and about the family history and so on. Just to let you all know David is willing to connect with other members of the family if you are willing. If you want to contact him you may relay through me and I will try and assist any way that I can.
Some of the conversation was about introducing ourselves to each other which in a way was awkward but was successful. We spoke about what we were doing now and our families and talked about open ended subjects such as myself being active duty ARMY and how he was a National guards man and had some active duty time as well. He had spoke about some of the things he read on my myspace page, Like the fact I love to fix and build stuff being the natural inquisitor that I am. And we finished our conversation in regards to me graduating from BNCOC and he asked if he could partake in the experience, Which in case I said I don't mind and that it would be a good opportunity to see me while I was this close. So in closing I told him I would catch up with him and we ended with Later.
To the readers of this post I hope that you all understand that I am putting this up so that maby each one of you can reflect on a time of your life in which you would say I shouldn't have done that or I resent this choice because of this reason and see that you probably wouldn't be in the place and time that you are in now if it weren't for those choices you made and the choices of others and that you should not resent those choices. Because you can take away good from lessons learned. I hope that this reaches you in good faith and understanding. May god bless us all. So my final thought is that I am filled with mixed emotions and it will take some time to digest but overall I feel relived that this experience has came and we now can move forward.
1 comment:
Jason,
What an awesome experience for you, your biological Dad and your family. I say we can never have enough people to love us in our lives. With both our Bo and Anna being adopted as infants, I always encouraged them to have a relationship with their biological parents. Both have been successful in doing this with their biological Moms and Anna with her biological Dad. I read David's blog and it sounds like you are blessed to add a wonderful person and family to your life and the lives of your Brandy, Ayden and Alex. Where does he live? It sounds like the East coast so another reason for your family to come for a visit to North Carolina. I know Brandy is ready to have you back home.
Love,
Aunt Vilda
Post a Comment