Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Ocean






This weekend we went to Ocean Shores for a retreat held by the 4 brigade Chaplin for spouses of deployed soldiers. Actually the first of it's kind in the lower 48 so I was really pleased to be apart of it. The boys had a blast because the hotel we stayed at had a water park within it and the beach was right outside our window. Ayden as you can see in the pictures lost all of his clothes to the ocean which happens quite often when we visit her. My friend has some nude pictures of him so when I get them I will get them posted. It was pretty funny when we all met this morning to say our farewells as a group Ayden was the talk of the room because of his streaking at the beach on Saturday night. Alex was not to fond of the water portion of the beach but fell in love with the sand and would have played there all night if I had let him. I was so proud of my three year old and his growing mind this weekend because he learned so many new terms a few of them being: Kelp, sea foam and sand dollar. He was so excited to find a "snake" on the beach and came and drug me all the way over to is and was even more excited when I said it was kelp being a new item altogether. On our way back to the car I looked behind me for Ayden who wasn't far behind and he had disappeared all together until a head popped up from the sand reveling that he had found a huge hole in the sand to hide and scare his mommy in. I will get more pictures up later but thought you would like these for now.

No comments: