Tuesday, October 28, 2008
New Job
Last year I trained to be a Literacy Professional for the Puget Sound ESD but could not for various reasons go to work for them at the time. Well about two weeks ago the woman in charge of the literacy program just happened to see me while I was dropping Ayden off at Milgard. That night she called and offered me a job which I jumped at. So now in a few weeks I will be going to different Early Head Start, Head Start and ECAp sites around our area and teaching parents (Called teach backs) about the importance of literacy and reading to their children. They are paying me a nice wage and miliage for all of the driving that I will do. The best part about it is I do not have to have a said number of teach backs schedualed and can agree to take them on in occordance to my own schedual. So finally I will be able to at least help Jason with some of the monatary expenses we encurr with me going back to school. I am really excited about this postition because it helps get my foot in the door with Head Start where I would one day like to work as a teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment