Tuesday, March 13, 2007
A born reader
It just amazes me how much Ayden really loves to read. He insists on being read to every time he goes to sleep at both nap and bed time. And in between he will bring a book to me and thrust it at me with one simple but strongly spoken word 'BOOOK". He will even go the lengths of turning of the TV and then bringing me the book so that he knows he has my full and undivided attention. So I drop all that I am doing at the time and put a boy on each side of my lap and spend the next half an hour reading and explaining what is going on in the book. I used to be afraid of reading to kids because I used to miss up the order of the words and even miss words all together. Yet when the child doesn't care or know that you have missed a word then it takes the pressure off of me to be perfect and I have allot more fun while doing it. I get really animated and, if you know me then you know that it doesn't take me much to get animated about things. I think this is what makes Ayden want to read I make it fun and I encourage all the parents I meet to spend at least 15 minutes sitting with their children to read them a book. I can tell how it is helping Ayden because tonight read Harry the Dirty Dog and the last time we read this book was like a month ago and he recognized allot more of the abjects in the pictures then the last time and was very excited to be reading about one of his favorite animals a "PUPPY". I will stop rambling now just wanted you all to know how much i enjoy reading and to share that loves for books with my son I think is one of the greatest gifts I can give my two year old hopefully it will stick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's cool :)
Post a Comment