Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bad Day!

You know the saying "when it rains it pours". Well today was one of those days for me. Alexander woke up with the shakes and a 104 temperature. I took him to the ER and the poor thing had to be poked two separate times to draw blood because the first try clotted before they got it to the lab and he had to have a catheter inserted into him to get a urine sample. Ironicly they treated Alexander in the very same room that they sewed Ayden's finger back on 6 months ago. Ayden remembered the room in what Vickee likes to call a "body memory" because as soon as we got settled in and he noticed where we were, he started to whimper and show signs of discomfort. I just comforted him and let him know that the doctors where just trying to help baby brother get better. It was really neat in a big brother sort of way when Ayden started growling at and telling the nurses they were poking and prodding at his baby brother "NO". HE hated to hear his brother in pain and was doing his part in protecting his little bro. We got home at about 1pm and then after a short and unsuccessful nap (Ayden didn't sleep) at about 4 I looked at Ayden's head and he came home from Vancouver with little quest living in his hair. I don't know who he got it from but I am not happy that he got it and that I am now having to supper clean my house and have friends pick through my hair to make sure I am lice free. Poor Ayden was such a good trooper tonight when we shaved his head and didn't give me much fuss when I had to comb out the nits and dead bugs. This all may make you cringe as it did and is making me but I guess it is just another one of those things that comes along with having children. I was just hoping that I would be spared from this whole ordeal at least until my boys were in school. I am exhausted and am only up this late because I am waiting for my bedding to dry. If anyone has any helpful hints or ideas to help rid my home of these nasty bugs I am open for suggestions.

1 comment:

Emma Rose said...

oh wow, sweetie. I just saw this. I'm sorry! Are things better yet?

How is Alex??