Saturday, November 10, 2007
Happenings!
So I get from the grape vine that Jason may be on CNN because of a report that they did on a new vehicle that the Army is introducing that Jason has been training on for the past week. I am not sure when this will air but hopefully I can get some answers from his chain of command when I give them a call tomorrow. I was able to get Ayden and Alex enrolled in this nice service that the Army offers spouses of deployed soldiers called GWOT. Dont ask me what it stands for but what it means for me is that I get 16 hours per child per month of free child care including the first and third Saturdays of every month. After my 16 hours are all used but I only have to pay $2 per child for hourly care which is nice when it is normally $4 per child per hour. I am really grateful for finally getting them into this program because I really can use a break and they probably could use a change of scenery as well. A few of the other cool features is that when and if he comes home for leave we get an extra 10 hours of care per child for the first week of his leave and that also applies to when he gets home. I also enrolled our family in a pilot program that the Army is doing call Parents as Teachers. Where a family support specialist comes into our home once a month and and brings things for the children to do, helps me with any concerns that I may have and brings materials that are specifically focused on the military aspect of me raising my children. We met with our home visitor Denyse today for the first time and it was a wonderful visit. She brought the several books for my children to keep. Two of these books one for Ayden and the other for Alex had pockets where I could but pictures of them and their daddy to go along with the words in the books. On top of all of the drama that I went through this week with my child care I am glad that I was at least able to succeed in getting needed resources for my family. And I am now only taking care of school age children so that I can spend more time with my boys during the day and am now I hope able to maybe take a few classes during the day time when school starts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment