Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Daddy's back

Jason's flight came in at 6am yesterday morning at Mc Cord Air force base about 5 miles away from Ft. Lewis. We were not allowed to greet them as they got off the plane but they had a live television feed so that we got to see our soldiers get off of their bird. We were waiting in The Soldiers Field House Gym and, it was a wonderful atmosphere of husbands,wives and parents waiting for their loved ones to arrive. Jason's parents, younger brother Roman and our family educator Vickee were able to be there for his homecoming. We waited in the gym for two hours all the while watching our soldiers go through their entrance routine. The boys and I did allot of walking and dancing to pass the time and surprisingly it went by faster and smoother than I expected to go. I waited on the very bottom of the bleachers ready to pounce as soon as the commander said "Released" .Now the last time Jason came home he made sure he was in the front of his formation so I knew that if he had any say in it, it would be the same this time around. We watched all three hundred soldiers march into the gym forming one line after another all the while scanning each body and it's movement to see if it matched Jason. It was pretty funny too because Vickee who came down with me kept saying things like "is that him" Me "No too tall or No too skinny etc" all up until the very last line of soldiers marched into the gym and we both spotted him immediately. Even though he couldnt wave at us he did a little nod and wink to tell us that he knew where we were. I have done this before so I knew exactly where to stand and what to listen for because I was literally one of the first people on that floor in full run to greet my husband and I hit him before he could even get to me. After a quick embrace we both felt a solid little body slam into our legs and a mixture of giggles and gasping. Ayden whom is never a loss for words could not get a single word out he was so happy to see his daddy. The whole scene was pretty overwhelming for even me so I was not surprised that when Alex got into my arms he pretty much buried himself in my chest and hid. He didn't go into Jason's arms right away but that was expected by all so no harm. He did give his daddy kisses and hugs after a few minutes of greeting. I think the whole scene played out in like five to ten minutes but it seemed like time had stopped and the moment would lat forever or at least I wanted it to. Now the best thing about that whole day outside of Jason's return was the reaction of the boys to their father because as soon as we left that gym it was almost as if he had never left. Ayden and Jason were trading jokes and laughing and Alex was all giggles and became more snuggly towards Jason as the day progressed. We are all really happy and glad that we can be a whole family once again.





Our finished signWaiting for daddy
Ayden was pretty tired
First family photo in 9 months
Good to be home


1 comment:

Emma Rose said...

I'm going to cry.

Oh my gosh, SO HAPPY for you guys!!! Tell Jason welcome home for me.

fskla!#%l;fsa!!!! :-D